Awards and juries
Prizes are awarded by juries composed of young people from Canada and international aged between 10 and 24, as well as Canadian professionals of the film industry.
- BEST CHILD SHORT FILM - Awarded by a local jury composed of young people aged between 10 and 12, under adult supervision.
- BEST TEENAGER SHORT FILM - Awarded by an international jury composed of young people aged between 13 and 17.
- BEST YOUNG ADULT SHORT FILM - Awarded by a jury composed of young adults aged between 18 and 24.
- BEST SCHOOL SHORT FILM -
- PUBLIC CHOICE AWARD (All competing films are elligible) - Awarded based on vote by the audience.
- BEST LONG FILM (All categories) - Awarded by the Carrousel-André-Malançon jury
- CARROUSEL-ANDRÉ-MELANÇON AWARD - Awarded by the Carrousel-André-Malançon jury
A grant of $2 500 is awarded to an emerging Quebec youth filmmaker whose short film is presented in one of the Festival's sections. The jury is composed of one person from the education sector, one teenager and one professional of the industry. The Carrousel-André-Melançon jury also determines the winner of the Best Long Film Award (all categories).
Winning films the 38th edition
You can't wait to know? We can’t either! The winning films of the 38th edition will be announced at the closing gala of the festival on Sunday, March 28th, 2021.
7 ans / Rimouski
9 ans / Rimouski
10 ans / Colombie Britannique